About The Global Open Innovation Cup 2018
10 Oct, 14:00 – 13 Oct, 10:00
Marina Baotić, Ul. Don Petra Špika 2, 21218, Seget Donji, Croatia
Combining a sailing regatta with an inspiring Expo & Congress. Spend your time sailing the pure Adriatic and engage your mind through speeches from the industry leaders – all in one event!
What is the Global Open Innovation Cup?
Combining a sailing team building with an engaging industry congress and expo. From 10 to 13 October 2018 sailing yachts will spread their sails and set their course for a revolutionary new event.
The sailing regatta of the Global Open Innovation Cup will be accompanied by an Expo and Congress, where professionals will have a chance to network and learn from leaders of the industry.
Form a strong bond with your team, meet other industry experts and listen to inspirational speeches, all while enjoying the sea and sun on the Adriatic sea!
Innovation @Google – A look behind the scenes on how Google builds and maintains an innovative culture as well as Google´s perspective into how technology will drive innovation in the coming years.
The sound of innovation: strategic improvisation unlocked – A sophisticated and road-tested set of life stories from the worlds of jazz, rock, soul, blues and funk inspiring innovation professionals.
Innovation Management in Corporations – An insight into corporate innovation and cooperation among different stakeholders in the innovation process. What tools are used and challenges faced by organisations when practicing innovation?
The ‘real’ impact of AI on organizational innovation & culture – The innovation and (cultural) change are driven for 75% by the people and 25% by technology. What is AI, how does it impact organisations as we know them and how can you use it to drive business and cultural innovation.
Wednesday, October 10
09:00 – 24:00
Crew registration and embarkment on boats
16:45 – 17:00
Official opening ceremony
17:00 – 20:15
- 17:00 – 17:05, Tom Gavazzi – WELCOME NOTE
- 17:05 – 17:15 CCC, Ladeja Godina Košir – INTRODUCTION
- 17:15 – 18:15 EDIC, Harry van Dorenmalen, Former Chairman IBM Europe – NOW IT’S GETTING INTERESTING – ARE WE READY?
- 18:15 – 19:00 GOIC, Marcel Bogers, Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Copenhagen – OPEN INNOVATION
- 19:00 – 19:20 GOIC, Emir Džanić, CEO, Cambridge Innovative System Solutions Limited – ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE AND OPEN INNOVATION
- 19:20 – 20:05 GOIC, Rik Spann, Change and Innovation Manager at The Sound Of Management – THE SOUND OF INNOVATION – STRATEGIC IMPROVISATION UNLOCKED
20:15 – …
Free night and entertainment with DJ, networking
Dinner in own arrangement
Thursday, October 11
08:00 – 09:00
Optional morning jogging along the coast led by professional trainers from Run Croatia
08:00 – 09:00
Breakfast on boats
09:00 – 11:15
- 09:00 – 09:45 EDIC, Claus Kjeldsen, CEO, Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies – DEVELOPMENT OF THE WORLD IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS
- 09:45 – 10:30 EDIC, Dejan Cvetković, CTO, Microsoft – THE FUTURES OF AI
- 10:30 – 10:50 Ivana Kaćunko, GREEN SAIL
- 10:50 – 11:15 Dražen Oreščanin – BIG DATA
12:00 – 18:00
Race 1 (Marina Baotić, Seget Donji – ACI Marina Palmižana)
Lunch on boats
18:00 – 20:00
20:00 – 21:30
Dinner on boats
21:30 – …
Beach party with DJ
Announcement of Day 1 race winner
Friday, October 12
08:00 – 09:00
Breakfast on boats
09:00 – 16:00
Race 2 (ACI Marina Palmižana – Marina Baotić, Seget Donji)
Lunch on boats
16:00 – 17:00
17:00 – 21:30
- 17:00 – 17:45 GOIC, Petra Stojanović van Kan, Business Development Manager at Google – INNOVATION @GOOGLE
- 17:45 – 18:30 EDIC, Laura Bermudez, eBay, Director of Software Development – eBay’s INNOVATIONS IN AI AND FUTURE COMMERCE PLATFORMS
- 18:30 – 19:15 CCC, Christiaan Kraaijenhagen, Innovation Strategist at Innoboost – STAY ON THE MARKET – DON’T BECOME ANOTHER “KODAK”
- /18:45 – 19:45 Dražen Oreščanin – BIG DATA seminar/ parallel program
- 19:15 – 19:45 EDIC, Martin Bailey, Head of Unit in DG CONNECT – THE DIGITAL SINGLE MARKET: ORIGINS, STATE OF PLAY AND FUTURE POLICY CHALLENGES.
- 19:45 – 20:15 CCC, Dan Poljšak – MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE
21:30 – …
Dinner and networking with band and DJ
Official announcement of Day 2 race winner and Overall Cup Winner
Saturday, October 13
08:00 – 09:00
Breakfast on boats
09:00 – 12:15
- 09:00 – 09:30 GOIC, Amir Sabirović, COO at TM7 IT Innovators – THE ‘REAL’ IMPACT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE ON ORGANIZATIONAL INNOVATION & CULTURE
- /09:00 – 10:00 Dražen Oreščanin – BIG DATA seminar/ parallel program
- 09:30 – 10:00 GOIC, Peter Kukoda, Accelerator program lead at Antenna Hungaria – INNOVATION MANAGEMENT IN CORPORATIONS
- 10:00 – 11:00 GOIC, Dražen Drnas, CoFounder at GammaChef – REINVENTING THE KITCHEN
12:15 – 12:30
Closing of the Business Sailing Experience Cup
*CCC – Circular Change Cup
EDIC – European Digital Industry Cup
GOIC – Global Open Innovation Cup
For Global Open Innovation Cup 2018 we offer 3 types of tickets:
- Company boat (available for 6, 8 or 10 people) – 600 Euro per person
- 1 person in a double cabin – 700 Euro per person
- 1 person in a single cabin – 900 Euro per person
Included in the Price:
- Sailing regatta participation fee
- Expo and Congress participation fee
- Sailing boat charter
- Charter pack: bed linen, towels, gas in the kitchen
- 3 nights on your sailing boat
- Final cleaning, wi-fi (1 GB)
- Berth, water and electricity in the marina
- 3x breakfast on boat
- 2x lunch on boat
- 2x dinner
- Partys with band and DJ on 11th and 12th October
- Gift package
- Customer support 24/7
Not included in the Price:
- Transfers from airport and back
- Skipper (You can have your own skipper with a licence or you can rent a skipper, 150 Euro per day)
**Tourist Tax – 1.1 Euro per person, per day (Paid separately to the charter agency in the marina)
**Insurance deposit: 1.000-3.000 Euro depends on the type of the desired boat, credit card guarantee in charter upon arrival
Marina Baotić, Trogir
Hvar, Hvar Island
ACI Marina Palmižana, Pakleni Islands
The Global Open Innovation Cup takes place in southern Croatia. The starting point is Trogir, a World Heritage Site since 1997, famous for its historic centre with a distinct Venetian architecture. The European Digital Industry Cup will set of from Marina Baotić and chart a course for the Island of Hvar. Also called Sunny Hvar, it is known for its rich culture and luxurious Mediterranean nature, easily recognized for its lavender fields and vineyards.
Lastly, the Cup will reach the Pakleni Islands where the boats will anchor in Palmižana. Renowned for the absence of traffic and with extensive footpaths and trails, the crystal-clear sea will serve as a perfect place for a gathering of digital industry leaders in search for a break from their daily routine. Here we will organize a party for all of the participants, allowing you to meet other attendees in a relaxed and informal setting.
From here The Global Open Innovation Cup will return to its base marina in Trogir.
- Nearest airports are Airport Split and Airport Zadar
- The dress code for the European Digital Industry Cup is designated as sport casual
- The speeches will be in English, if translation is needed please contact us in advance
- There is no refund of funds
- Number of boats and participants are limited
- The reservations are filled as the crews apply
- Booking is done and the boat is available after 100% payment in advance
If you wish to participate in any part of the Congress or Expo, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you have a friend or colleague that you think would be a perfect fit for the European Digital Industry Cup, kindly forward him our contact information that you can find at the bottom of the page.
- Amazon – Luxembourg
- eBay – USA
- Google – Netherlands
- IBM Europe – Netherlands
- IBM – Netherlands
- Airbnb – Jordan
- Copenhagen Institute for future studies – Denmark
- European Commission – Belgium
- Lego – Denmark
- Microsoft – USA
- University of Copenhagen – Denmark
- Cortical.IO – Austria
- Cambridge Innovative System Solutions – Croatia
- Asseco SEE – Serbia
- The Sound of Management – Netherlands
- Poslovna Inteligencija – Croatia
- Comtrade – Serbia
- Badel – Croatia
- Circular Change – Slovenia
- Antenna Hungaria – Hungary
- Fleet – Croatia
- TM7 – Netherlands
- Unicredito – Italy
- Tanjug – Serbia
- Innoboost – Netherlands
- Hanza Group – Croatia
- Sofida – Slovenia
- GammaChef – Croatia
- Cullen International – Sweden
- Lean Scheduling Europe – Slovenia
- 3Port – Slovenia
- Waterloo Hills – Belgium
- America’s Cup – USA
At the same time and place we are organizing two other industry cups. By buying a ticket for the Global Open Innovation Cup you will also get full access to the programs of the remaining two events. They are:
So for the price of one event you can get access to 3 events!
The Global Open Innovation Cup 2018 is divided into 2 parts, a sailing regatta perfect for team building and industry congress and expo in our base marina where you will have a chance to network and hear from our top speakers.
For the duration of the Cup our comfortable sailboats will serve as your home base. Every day we will embark from our marina and partake in a series of races that form our business regattas. The atmosphere of the Adriatic sea and our sailboats will be the perfect experience for your team members, partners or clients to strengthen your bond and cohesion. Being a crew member on a sailing boat puts you in a unique perspective that will truly broaden your mind but also put you in a state of mindfulness.
But don’t worry if you have never been sailing, we have professional skippers on standby to take control of the helm, allowing you to participate in our business sailing regatta even if it’s your first time on a sailing boat.
Every day sailing is becoming a more popular team building activity for companies all over Europe, so join the Global Open Innovation Cup and take your team members on a memorable cruise.
Business Congress and Expo
In addition to the business sailing regatta, the Global Open Innovation Cup is unique in the added value it is bringing to all of its participants.
By organizing an Expo and Congress in our base marina in Trogir, Croatia, every day for the duration of the Cup we are giving you a must visit industry conference. Taking you far away from the usual setting of hotels and concrete halls, our Expo and Congress is an excellent opportunity to network in a relaxed atmosphere with other experts from all over Europe.
Our program partner is Cambridge Innovative System Solutions Ltd., led by Emir Džanić. Specializing in open innovation and organisational culture, they are the creators of the Culture4Innovation concept.
The program of the Global Open Innovation Cup will bring you some of the top minds of the open innovation industry.